"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated"
Here's how you can start to maintain your space and keep it looking pretty and still functional:
1. Corral Loose Items
Everything in your home has a place where it belongs. For all the things got lost along the way, a dedicated space will help keep your living spaces organized.
2. Clean The Obvious
Keep Your Entryway Tidy: When you walk in, hang your jacket, put your shoes away. Keep your keys in a bowl or in a drawer, that way you always know where they are. Create extra space and eliminate clutter in your shoe closet by hanging a shoe organizer. Put seasonal jackets away in suitcases or storage. Lastly, organize your closet and shoes after you've cleaned out the mats, dust, and dirt.
3. Take a Minute to Put Stuff Back When You Are Finished Using It
When you finish watching a movie, put the pillows back the way found them. Made yourself a sandwich? Return the peanut butter to the top shelf. When you finally finish that art project that's taken you all day, clean those paint brushes and put away that easel. Taking a minute to put stuff back helps to keep the tidiness in place! This might seem kinda obvious or like a lot of work, but leaving messes after you finish something makes it harder to maintain!
4. Grab and Go (don't leave a room empty handed)
5. Share The Load
6. Start Your Day In The Right Mindset
7. Plan and Prep
8. Label Stuff
9. Declutter Regularly
Regularly go through your belongings and purge items you no longer need or use. This prevents unnecessary accumulation and frees up space.
Regular decluttering is a pivotal practice in maintaining an organized and serene living space. By routinely assessing and purging items that have outlived their usefulness or no longer align with your lifestyle, you prevent unnecessary accumulation. This process not only frees up physical space but also contributes to mental clarity, allowing you to focus on what truly matters. Regular decluttering sessions, whether in specific areas or throughout the entire home, help create an atmosphere of simplicity and efficiency, where each item finds its purpose and place. This continuous effort to let go of the excess promotes a sense of renewal and rejuvenation, fostering an environment where both physical and mental well-being thrive.
We offer end-to-end organization and decluttering services. Contact us for a FREE consolation and have one of our professionals help with any space in your home!
10. Implement the "One In, One Out" Rule
How to start living a slow and intentional life today:
- declutter any space you want or need
- organize with practical systems, solutions and functional storage
- provide all materials and procure all necessary items to complete the transformation
- complete any handy work including patching that hole you made 2 years ago, installing shelving units, hanging painting etc...
- provide optional design and decor suggestions and solutions
- finish off with an optional deep clean to leave your home sparkling and new so you can enjoy the newly organized and relaxing space
We guarantee that the organizational systems we teach you and put in place will stay!
Now is the time to get organized and start living in a home that you love!