Giving a gift to someone who values a simple or slow life can be a thoughtful and fulfilling experience. Such individuals typically appreciate items that have practical use, are durable, or offer enriching experiences without adding clutter.
Here are some ideas to consider for a minimalist or for those who are starting out in their journey towards a simplified life:
Experiences over Things
Instead of physical items, consider gifts that offer experiences. This could be tickets to a play, concert, or museum, a spa day or massage, cooking classes, a membership to a community garden... There are many options out there! If you really want to blow the out of the water, choose one of these sustainable experience gift ideas:
- Organic farm tour and farm-to-table dinner
- Hiking or camping trip in a national park
- Guided wildlife or birdwatching tour
- Kayaking or canoeing adventure
- Eco-friendly wine tasting tour
- Sustainable fishing excursion with catch-and-release
- Permaculture or sustainable gardening workshop
- Renewable energy facility tour
- Native plant identification and foraging class
- Bicycle tour of a scenic route
- Tree planting event in a local park or forest
- Visit to an eco-conscious animal sanctuary
- Eco-friendly glamping experience
- Yoga or meditation retreat in a natural setting
- Wilderness survival skills workshop
- Solar cooking or outdoor cooking class
- Sustainable fashion or clothing design workshop
- Eco-friendly pottery or ceramics class
- Renewable energy adventure (e.g., wind farm or solar farm visit)
- Guided snorkeling or scuba diving in a marine reserve
- Guided nature photography tour
- Sustainable architecture or green building tour
- Community garden volunteering day
- Herbal medicine-making workshop
- Zero-waste lifestyle coaching session
- Green technology and innovation tour
- Native tree planting experience
- Beekeeping and honey harvesting workshop
- Sustainable seafood cooking class
- Forest therapy or shinrin-yoku guided walk
- Organic wine and cheese pairing experience
- Solar panel installation demonstration
- Outdoor rock climbing or bouldering adventure
- Organic cooking class with local ingredients
- Guided river or lake cleanup and canoeing
- Sustainable jewelry-making workshop
- Renewable energy home consultation
- Bamboo craft workshop
- Guided horseback ride through a nature reserve
- Wildlife rehabilitation center volunteering day
- Sustainable perfume or fragrance-making class
- Guided coastal cleanup and seashell collecting
- Reusable and upcycled fashion show tickets
- Sustainable soap-making workshop
- Community sustainable living seminar
- Environmental documentary film screening event
- Guided geocaching or treasure hunting adventure
- Renewable energy art and sculpture workshop
- Guided meditation and forest bathing experience
- A guided tour of a local sustainable brewery or distillery with tastings
Imagine if you can help someone love their home and enjoy the life of less clutter and less stress. Give the gift of an organized and relaxing space with our services. We declutter, organize, design and even offer handywork services that are end-to-end meaning we will help transform any space without you having to reach out to multiple companies to get the job done.
Take the time to write a heartfelt letter expressing your feelings, memories, and appreciation for the person. Go really green and use a compostable paper or one with seeds in it so they can plant it in their garden!
Offer your time or assistance. This could mean helping with a project, babysitting, cooking a meal, or teaching them a new skill.
If you know the person well, and they are learning to live a simplified life, choose books on topics like mindfulness, minimalism, or other subjects that align with their values. Consider audio books or books in digital format (knowing they have a device to listen and read on).
Handmade or DIY Gifts
Handmade items often carry a special sentiment. Whether it's a knitted scarf, homemade jam, or handcrafted jewelry, the personal touch can be deeply appreciated.
Sustainable or Eco-friendly Gifts
Items like beeswax wraps, bee's wax candles, or compostable goods can be both practical and environmentally friendly.
A potted plant or seeds for their garden can be both simple and meaningful. They add a touch of nature to their space and can be a long-lasting gift.
While it might seem impersonal, a well-thought-out gift card (like one for their favorite local café, a bookstore, or an eco-friendly store) can let them choose what they need or like.
Magazines or online subscriptions on topics like mindfulness, homesteading, or sustainability can be a monthly treat. There are also subscription boxes focused on eco-friendly products or organic, local foods.
High-quality, durable goods that they might need in their daily life, such as a cast iron skillet, a quality thermos, or linen towels. Pitch in with the whole family to get that special someone something they will love forever.
E-books, online courses, or digital music playlists might be appreciated, especially if they align with their interests and values.
Bake a loaf of bread, make a jar of pickles, or brew some kombucha. If they appreciate good food, they'll love a homemade treat.
Gift of Nothing
Sometimes, just spending quality time with someone is the best gift of all. Plan a simple day out or even a quiet evening in, just enjoying each other's company.
When selecting a gift, always keep the person's preferences in mind. If you know they're trying to declutter, it's best to avoid items that might add to their possessions. If they have a specific hobby or interest related to their slow or simple life values, cater to that. The key is thoughtfulness and understanding of their lifestyle choices.
Know someone who wants to live simply but needs some help?
- declutter any space you want or need
- organize with practical systems, solutions and functional storage
- provide all materials and procure all necessary items to complete the transformation
- complete any handy work including patching that hole you made 2 years ago, installing shelving units, hanging painting etc...
- provide optional design and decor suggestions and solutions
- finish off with an optional deep clean to leave your home sparkling and new so you can enjoy the newly organized and relaxing space
If you need help getting started, or know someone who wants a slower life, contact us today for a FREE consultation.
We guarantee that the organizational systems we teach, and put in place, will stay! Now is the time to get organized and start living in a home that you love!